Our primary objective is to improve the quality of life for your residents by optimizing their overall eye health and enhancing their general wellbeing. Providing the eyecare service onsite ensure that residents can remain in the security of their “home environment”. For immobile or fragile residents and in cases where family members are time poor, our services are regarded as highly beneficial.
Eye examinations are very important for all clients. We examine for:
- General eye health
- Macular Degeneration, Cataracts and Glaucoma
- Prescription changes
- Annual bulk – billed eye tests
- Glaucoma assessments
- Cataracts assessments
- Specialist Referrals
- Monitored recalls, retests and follow up clinics
- Spectacles bulk billed to Veteran’s Affairs Gold Card holders
- On site repairs, adjustments and replacements
- Receipts for glasses accepted by private health funds
- Glasses SA Scheme
- Low Vision assessment
- Low Vision Aids
- Glasses assessments to ascertain new prescription for glasses
- Prior approval of Spectacles with nominated N.O.K
- Maintenance, labelling and repair of glasses on site.
We understand the need for a complete optical service for the facilities, their residents and their families, so using our years of experience in aged care work we have developed our service to suit the needs of modern busy aged care facilities.
- Comprehensive Eye test reports for Resident’s Medical file
- Your own dedicated optometry folder, updated on every visit
- The monitoring of recalls, retests and follow up clinics
- Referrals to and liaising with General Practitioner’s and Ophthalmologists
- High care expertise, able to assess and serve residents with dementia, dysphasia
- In room testing for bed bound patients;
- A request for N.O.K details will be requested in order for the Optometrist to follow up any clinical recommendations.